Wednesday, January 14, 2009

High of -1 Degrees?

Wouldn't that be considered an oxymoron? A HIGH temperature of -1 degrees for tomorrow is not what I call fun!
However, I guess I have good reason to be excited for the artic weather. Today started out ok-no 2 hr delay-but it can't happen EVERY day right? No fear...we had an early release instead, much to the delight of my 2nd graders. I guess I wasn't too disappointed either :) So I got to come home and get some things done around the house, get dinner started, and catch up on our DVR shows. After dinner, M and I sat down to watch Fracture (his pick) and around 7:30 pm I got a nice little phone call from school. Thinking it could only mean one thing, a 2 hr delay for tomorrow, I wasn't too excited. But much to my dismay, the voice on the other end told me school has been CANCELLED for tomorrow! Whoo hoo! There is just something about being a teacher that will absolutely never get old....who can honestly resist hearing that great news? It's like the excitement you have when you are actually a student, but even better because I actually get paid for it now :)

So now I have the night to relax (what's new), watch American Idol (yes I know), and decide my plan of attack for tomorrow?? Oh, and did I mention tomorrow is M's birthday? So I get HIS birthday off work and he still has to go! Yeah....he's jealous of my career choice :)


Any ideas of what I should to fill my (freezing cold) day off from work?

No comments:

Post a Comment